Saturday, August 25, 2007

Modified Cable Twist Socks


Ta Da! I'm very pleased with this FO. The color absolutely makes me happy.

Here are the details:

Pattern: Cable Twist Socks from Hello Yarn modified to 70 st. for fingering weight sock yarn.

Yarn: J. Knits Superwashme Sock in the California colorway. I love the colors J. Knits offers, monochromatic hand dyes, and the price is great, I'm just not sure about the feel of the fiber itself. A little plasticky, maybe. They feel great on and turned out to fit perfectly but have not been washed yet so hopefully that will improve the feel a bit.

Needles: 2.25mm Size 1 Clover Bamboo dpns. I know that everyone has a preference for certain needles and these are definitely mine for socks. Metal is far too slippery for me, and I have yet to try wooden.


Modifications: Other than what has already been stated, I tried the Eye of Partridge Heel for these and liked it OK, but I think it will be more effective when used with a solid color.

I've got several other longtime projects that are being finished up so more FO posts soon. I will also try to get some "action" shots of the socks before too long.

TooDoLoo kids!

1 comment:

kasiaiscarly said...

Ooh! Cool colors. I'm not normally an orange-y person, but I really like your socks!