Monday, January 14, 2008

Catching up

It seems I have gotten a bit behind again. The end of December and the first part of January have been very hectic. Between the holidays and my family member's surgery and ER visits and stomach bugs, there was precious little time for anything else. I did manage to finish the the Raglan Lace Cardigan for Sweet P. Buttons and all. To prove it, I took photos. I would show you the photos if blogger would kindly cooperate with me. Not today, I guess. It turned out well except for the fact that the neck is WAY to small. Rather than rip and reknit, I decided that when she wears it we will simply leave the top button unbuttoned. I generally chalk these kinds of mistakes as learning experiences and leave it as is. I know that philosophy would make some people loopy, (you perfectionists out there, you know who you are :) but this way I know I can go back and see what I did so that I can avoid it in the future.

I also, dyed my first hank of yarn! With koolaid! On the stove! Exclamation! Again, photos will have to wait til blogger fixes their problem, but Hoo Wee, was it fun. I almost didn't have enough patience to wait for it to dry and wound into a ball to knit it up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

was wondering if you were going to blog some of the things you've completed. like vinnland is complete now and you started the nutkins. and of course the dying experience. i saw that sweater on your ravelry so cute!
~Jessica

Queue said...

Way to go! Isn't Kool-aid dyeing the greatest thing ever?

And yes, the pictures didn't capture the color of the yarn . . . even after I worked on them for a bit . . . an adventure for another day I think.