Thursday, January 24, 2008

(not so) Massive Update

Somehow, I missed a bunch of stuff in the time warp that was December and January. So this post is (half) dedicated to catching up on all of the projects I have yet to even mention here.

First up:
Raglan Lace Sweater

Pattern: Child's Raglan Sweater from a Knitter's Handy Book of Sweater Patterns
Yarn: Knitpicks Shine Sport in Silver Sage, a little less than 4 balls
Needles: a whole bunch of size 4s

I like it. It was a good practice piece. I got worried in the raglan decrease section that it was looking too big and started decreasing more rapidly which resulted in a short bust area and a very small neck opening. But since I hate frogging we will simply not button the top button and will call it a learning experience. Besides, Sweet P seemed to like it. :D

Charade Socks
Yarn: Knitpicks Bare wool and nylon
Needles: 2.25 mm US 1 dpns

I'm really happy with the way the color came out considering it was my first dyeing attempt. As for the pattern, it's nice but it's getting super monotonous.

Nutkins

Yarn: Colinette Jitterbug
Needles: knitpicks 2.50mm dpns

Overall, eh on the yarn and eh on the pattern.

And lastly for today. Yesterday, I finally got in the the yarn that has been backorderded for my mom's vest. Last night while at my knitting group, i finished the main body of knitting and am now ready to cut my first ever steeks. I want to be done with this project in the worst way so I have been really thinking of nothing else. This morning I crocheted the steeks. I also took pictures. Then I think tonight I will be cutting, and taking pictures. Tomorrow I hope to find enough time to post the pictures I will hopefully take. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the nutkins pattern apparently twist pretty badly do to the bias of the knit itself. loads of people are hating it.

I had started charades forever ago. After knitting 7" of leg the entire heel flap and turn the gussets and about 6.5" of foot I've given the part finished sock, yarn and needles that were in it (they were cheap ones i didn't care for anyways) away. Offered it up on ravelry and its going in the mail today. That pattern is boring. The yarn I used I wasn't happy with either. Just fair warning it doesn't get any better. Only worse. It does look good tho. So Good luck!