Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Chug Chug

Nothing new has been started here. The first of the California socks is finished and the second one is almost halfway complete. But then I had an itch to work on something thicker than fingering weight and picked up a cabled sweater that I've been working on since the winter. Boy, before I had the baby I sure could finish projects at light speed! Now it's really just a couple stitches here and there if I have a few free minutes during a nap or after bed.


Anyhoo, the sweater is out of Peace Fleece, whose color I can't recall at the moment, using pattern instructions from a Knitter's Handy Book of Sweater Patterns . Peace Fleece is very roughly spun but knits up surprisingly (to me) smooth and fairly soft. I'm not really worried about that because I don't mean it to be worn next to the skin. I love the heathered, tweeded look of it and found it very reasonably priced. I've read that it wears like a bullet proof vest and the stitch definition is great.

It's a belted, low V-neck cardigan with a shawl collar The cable I used was from the Vogue Stitchionary Volume 2 number 58. It's meant to be a sweater jacket so I planned it to have quite a bit of ease. The fronts back and one sleeve is finished and I am chugging away on the last one. So close to the finish line, I've gotten antsy and want to just be done with it already so I can have it put together by the fall.

No comments: