Thursday, July 5, 2007

the Zillionth Jaywakers

So, I know I'm a little late to join the Jaywalker bandwagon. I started a pair of these when they were first published in Plymouth Sockotta and couldn't figure out why I didn't have the slightest desire to finish them until I realised that I hated the yarn. Detested is probably a better word. I was beating myself up for starting another project and not intending to finish when *ping* (insert cartoon light bulb here) I noticed that my hands felt rough and scratchy from the stuff sliding over it and it had zero cush or give. Blech.

I decided to give it another go with some Lorna's Laces in the Safari colorway that I was given for Christmas. Not my favorite color combination, but this time I was able to finish the socks in no time and really enjoyed it.

I'm a pretty avid reader of knitting blogs and it's so easy to get inspired seeing all of the really cool creative things that people have made. Maybe someone somewhere will be a bit inspired by some of the things that I have done and love to do.

For those of you who like the close-ups:

Posted by Picasa

No comments: