Monday, December 10, 2007

Two by Two

So, true to my fickle self, all of my other projects have been put on hold to work on these socks. I am really surprised at how much I am enjoying it because I really only chose it because I had the recommended yarn on hand. It is a clever variation on the standard (and very boring IMO) 2x2 rib. Makes for very fun knitting:


And look, no holes in my short row heel!!


I actually didn't use the recommended short row heel in the pattern, but used the technique I saw in a video of Cat Bordhi on You Tube of all places. I finally understood how to do hole-less heels after I saw that video. Woo hoo!


P.S. Despite all of my stress, the recital and the dreaded trip to the DMV went just swimmingly. As a treat for completing these tasks, I went to Joann's. It was on the way home. That's a good excuse right?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are looking good. That pattern was on my to knit list, and I might need to cast on sooner now.
~Jessica

Cheryl in AZ said...

Well Done!! Congrads on the recital going well. I know recitals can be trying.

I love the look of the socks...but I am holding out... Christmas gifts only right now. I have almost finished glove #1, and Rick's Cardi is going well. There is hope for me yet.
Look out Jan, cause I will be a starting fiend!!