Friday, January 9, 2009

Bear with me...

In addition to cleaning out all of the random things in our house to make space for the new person who will be living here, I'm going through all of the stuff we had when Sweet P was a baby and making a list of things we still need. Turns out we don't really need much of anything; all of the big stuff is already taken care of. This time, though, I would really like to try some sort of sling to keep the new baby in when we are running around on errands and various classes and such. The one feature that I really would like is that it be adjustable and breastfeeding friendly.

Three that I am considering:
Sweet Pea RingSlings
Maya Wrap Ring Sling
Zolowear Ring Sling

Anyone have any thoughts or opinions about these are any other style sling? I have tried to find something like this to see IRL, but haven't had any luck. Is one better than the other? I'm leaning toward the Sweet Pea slings because I like to try to support smaller companies, but would love some feedback from moms who have actual experience. Thanks!

2 comments:

kasiaiscarly said...

of course i have no babies, but when we were shopping for one for our friend in VT the crunchy hippy baby-wearing promoting place we went to told us the ring slings are not the way to go, because they don't work for a long period of time because of the weight dependency (though if new baby is like sophie, maybe not an issue!) we got her a moby wrap and she really loves it. she doesn't have a car so walks or bike rides everywhere, so it gets a lot of use. it takes some practice to learn how to wrap it right, but you can use it a ton of different ways.

The Mama said...

I have to say that having both a ring sling and several peanut shell sized slings that I only use the ring sling for breastfeeding. I haven't been able to breastfeed in my PSs, but they are more comfortable to wear for longer periods of time (so long as they are sized correctly). I'd honestly say to get both.

I have gotten mine used online at diaperswappers.com, and I've gotten them for incredible prices.

Hope to see you guys soon!