Wednesday, January 28, 2009

This is the afghan that never ends....

...it just goes on, and on, and on.....


I started this last year for my MIL and made great progress on it, until it got bigger and warmer. To warm to have on your lap during the summer months. I have made a deal with myself that i can't start anything new until this is finished so I have been trying to work on it every night while watching TV. Doesn't require any real though at all, so hopefully it will be finished soon. I will finish it, i will finish it, I will, I will, I WILL.


Also, finished a BSJ for the new baby. Briefly considered adding a collar, but I don't think I will be that motivated. Or have the time. Cute, no?


Also, finally bought buttons for the Tomten I knit for Sweet P eons ago. I wasn't in too big a of a rush because, well, I didn't really check my gauge, and lets just say it will be at least another year until it will fit her. Oops. Over all I think it turned out really nicely!

Other things will also be put aside temporarily to knit up some projects that have a deadline. They are small and will lend themselves well to all of the sitting and waiting I will be doing at the doctors' offices from here on out. Everything is fine, but because I see my primary OB and an OB that specializes in Gestational Diabetes at EVMS, I'm now seeing one doctor or another every week to monitor blood sugar and fetal development.

P.S. For anyone interested, I couldn't decide between the ring sling and a Moby, I found one of each barely used for GREAT prices on Diaperswappers. I'll try them both. Mobility with the new baby is a real priority and it seems that these might work for different situations. Thanks for all of your input!

No comments: